NEW: Links for Rockwell Automation Distributors and Customers
CMF Files: Download custom motor files for Elwood SX-Series motors on RSLogix and Studio5000 from Rockwell Automation
UL/cUL, ATEX, and IECEx Ratings
SX-Series explosion proof motors from Elwood High Performance Motors include hazardous location (hazloc) rating. Versions are available for either gas/vapor or dust environments.
GAS/VAPOR explosive environments: Ratings include ATEX Zone 1 for flameproof "d" (EN60079-1, gas/vapor) environments (M43x, M44x, & M46x frame sizes), UL/cUL Class I Division 1&2, Groups C & D for gas environments (all frame sizes).
DUST dust explosive environments: Ratings include UL/cUL Class II Division 1&2 Groups E, F, and G (all frame sizes). ATEX and IECEx Zone 21 for dust tight "t" environments with protection by enclosure according to EN60079-31 (M43x frame size only).
The Only Group E (Metal Dust) Servo:
Elwood's SX Series motors are the only servos approved by UL/cUL for all dust groups. No other manufactures maintain the same ratings!
Division 1 and Zone 1 Ratings:
Elwood's SX Series Motors are rated for Division 1 environments by UL/cUL and ATEX Zone 1 environments. These are the most servere environments that allow application of servo motors.
Four Frame Sizes (Click for data on each frame size)
• M43x (3.4" Square frame)
• M44x (4.2" Square frame)
• M46x (6" Square frame)
• M47x (7" Square frame)
• UL Hazardous Location Listed Class I, Div 1 & 2 Groups C, D
• UL Hazardous Location Listed Class II, Div 1 & 2 Groups E, F, G
• ATEX Certified (Zone 1): Ex II 2 G Ex d IIB T3 according to EN60079-1, flameproof "d" enclsures
• ATEX/IECEx Certified (Zone 21&22): Ex tb IIIC T135C Db IP6X according to EN60079-31, "t" protection from dust by enclosures
• 3, 4, 6 and 7" Frame Sizes
• 1.2 Nm to 36 Nm Torque Range
• 230V / 460V Windings
• Absolute (Hiperface), Encoder, or Resolver Feedback
• English, Metric (IEC), or NEMA Mounting Flange
**Please note that gas/vapor and dust motor designs are mutually exclusive. Contact Elwood for specifying a motor for your specific environment and application.
• Custom Shafts, Keyways, Mounting Flanges, Etc.
• Alternate feedback: EnDat, BiSS
• Fail Safe Electro-Mechanical Brake