Designer Hydraulics - FLUID POWER GROUP
The Elwood Corporation is a privately owned company with a 37 year record of designing and manufacturing innovative product solutions to a broad base of customers. As and ISO 9001:2008 certified company we pride ourselves on having a dynamic team who consistently deliver an outstanding value proposition for our list of customers.
As part of the Elwood Corporation, The Fluid Power Group is an industry leader of high pressure valves and systems for water, soluble oil and other low viscosity applications worlwide. We are seeking a talented professional to join our team of dedicated, customer focused individuals who aspire to excel in all that they do.
As a Designer your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design new or special fluid power products.
- Make modifications or improvements to our standard product line.
- Utilize computer aided drafting teechniques to perform applicable drafting work.
- Work from specifications as to the product requirements.
- Make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, material selection and type of construction.
- Investigate work pertinent to the design and maintain reference criterion.
- Assist engineer to analyze project as to manufacturing and material costs and develop designs that can be produced economically to maintain or improve the company's competitive position.
- Follow up the construction and testing of prototype models.
- Assist with analyzing results and redesign if required.
- Instruct and assist the drafting department personnel in the preparation of layout drawings and detailing.
To succeed in this position you need to possess the following traits:
- Self motivated
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, assertive and well organized
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- 5 or more years experiance in a manufacturing environment
- Engineering Associates Degree or higher.
- Fluid power design experience is preferred, but not required.
At Elwood we reward performance with avenues for growth, education, training and have an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Please send your resume and salary requirements in strict confidence to:
195 West Ryan Road
Oak Creek, WI 53154
Attn: Kevan Leedle